Saturday, July 24, 2010

Good morning everyone!

It's Saturday and time for another Our Daily Bread Shining the Light Challenge!

This Week' Challenge:

The team would like you to distress it. You can use ink, tearing, or ripping...whatever it takes to give a distressed look somewhere on your creation.

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize , a $ 15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday, July 29. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.
 
Please see ODBD's Blog for details!
 
Here is my creation for ODBDSLC22
 

The main panel was distressed using distress inks sponged over white cardstock. After sponging I used the darkest color to swirl lightly over sponged area! The lovely image and sentiment ODBD's "Our Daily Bread" were stamped and clear embossed. I also distressed the sides of the panel using scissors!  The grunge flower was made using punches. The decorative border was made using M/S punch.

Please check out what the other ODBD Challenge Team has created:


We hope you can play along with us! Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

Karen W said...

What a cool idea, that background is perfect for this!! Wonderful card and thanks for something new to try.

Patter Cross said...

Love the background and rich colors. This turned out amazing! Have a blessed weekend!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Fran!! I so love the rich colors and the background you created. The distress imks and flower are perfect!! I think this is my fave card ever using this stampset. Simply gorgeous!!!

Chrissy D said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Fran - the punched border and added flower is PERFECT with your distressed inks and that paper! TFS!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Your card is magnificent! What gorgeous work!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Even though I commented over at SCS, I had to comment here also! This card is just fabulous! Don't be surprised if you see a CASE of it! DTP technique and I am there!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love this beautiful card, Fran. Somehow tearing didn't seem to be you, and I was right!! Tailored, but distress inks, is more to my liking too! Lovely!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Fran, your card is spectacular!!! I love that you've made your own DP and those colors.....so perfect for the wheat....LOVE it!!! I also absolutely LOVE your flower......awesome!!! Hope you'll have a blessed weekend!! Hugs, Sabrina

Nancy Curtis said...

I just love this card-all the elements work so beautifully together. I am going to play with my distress inks to see if I can create paper similar to your's. All I can say is WOW!

Pati said...

WOW! I love how you did your background paper! Beautiful! Love the swirls, colors and stamps, love this card!!

Kathy Jones said...

Fran this is simply amazing!!! I love your BG and border - what an incredible way to showcase this set!!!

Julia Aston said...

This is lovely Fran!

Mary Marsh said...

this is a beautiful distressed card fran-love the bg you created-great sentiment

Peggy said...

Stunning card! Love your techniques and warm colors!

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous in those warm, golden tones! Beautiful card, Fran!

Joanne Travis said...

This is so beautiful, I love the wheat harvest like colors. Rich and golden.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Great job incorporating the rich tones with the wheat, looks fab!

Kim B said...

This is a beautiful card! Just wanted to stop by and tell you. I havent had the opportunity to try any of the our daily bread designs but hope to in the future. I just started paper crafting in june and admire the works of the many talented like yourself.