Saturday, September 4, 2010

Happy Saturday everyone!

It's time for another Our Daily Bread Design's Shining the Light Challenge!

This week we are challenging you to use those forgotten embellishments ~ buttons, brads or eyelets!

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize , a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday, September 9. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.

Please see ODBD's Blog for all the details!

Here is what I created! ODBDSLC28!


Buttons are my "forgotton embellighment". I find myself buying buttons but never using them. I love the way they look on other people creations, just never remember to use them on mine!

Recipe:
Stamps: ODBD's "Never Thurst"
Spellbinders Nestibillities diecuts and Tim Holtz Diecut
K&Co D/P
Embossed using clear embossing powder. Copic markers
Buttons.

Please see what the other ODBD Challenge Team has created:


We hope you will play along with us! We would love to see what you create!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a safe and fabulous weekend!

21 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beyond Stunning Fran!! I so love it!! The buttons are so bright and vibrant and that flourish is so elegant. (What did you use for that?) The paper and everything is so elegant and gorgeous. You so rocked the challenge! Have a great weekend!
hugs,
Chris

Chrissy D said...

Ohhhh GORGEOUS!Love that chipboard and baubles, Fran! Have a blessed weekend!!!

Becky said...

This is fancy smancy...Love the colors and gorgeous embellishments

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Fran, this card is just a beauty! The flourish and flower and gems are gorgeous!! When it comes to making lovely cards, you are tops!!!

Grace said...

Oh Fran this is gorgeous!!! I love how the flourishes and blue tones just make one think of a fountain of water.... so perfect for the verse! Your creativity really shines on this one my friend!!!
Hugs and blessings,
Grace

Julia Aston said...

What wonderful colors on this beauty Fran! I love that clear embossing!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Just beautiful Francie, fabulous use of the bg paper, and the scrolls around the sentiment are gorgeous, as is the glossed up blossom feature, just lovely!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Fran, my friend, this is one STUNNING card!! You have created another masterpiece my dear!! Those totally awesome buttons make this beauty pop and the embossing.......it truly looks amazing!! Have a great weekend!! Praying for you DH ;D. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is so elegant & beautiful! You added such stunning embellishments to your design.

Mary Marsh said...

this is a beauty fran-it caught my eye right away in the scs gallery-love the soft blues on the flower and the glossy effect-hope all is well on the homefront

Bonnie McLain said...

Oh FRAN!!!! I love this card... I love the glossing that you have created here... I am going to have to get out my gloss and start doing that... it is so elegant in so many ways... really is very rich. Love the colors and the scrolls everything is wonderful on this card.

Donna Heber said...

Beautiful Francie. Love your flower and designer paper!

Benzi said...

Francie, your card is stunning.. as they always are. I am thinking that is glossy accents on your flower embellie and it is just gorgeous. Thanks so much for stopping by my 'so new' blog and becoming a follower. Just trying to get it started and so good to have visitors.

Peggy said...

Beautifully done! The stamp, papers and embellishments all come together perfectly!

Patter Cross said...

Whew, I am finally getting around to making my comments. :) I love all of the "die cut detail" here. Just a stunning creation for the challenge! Have a blessed holiday weekend!

Betty Wright said...

Fran, this is totally gorgeous! Beautiful colors, patterns, and the flower cluster with the pearls is just gorgeous! I KNOW what you mean about buttons. I always have to cover up the holes! LOL! I think I may have left a few nekked here and there on my cards, but mostly, I cover them! Wonderful card! How is your dh? Recovering I hope!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Breathtakingly beautiful, Fran!!!

Joanne Travis said...

Such a beautiful verse, I love the way you have showcased it.

Joanne (jojot) said...

classy and meaningful

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, Fran, what a stunning card!! This is pure gorgeousness!

Peggy said...

Absolutely beautiful! The glossy flower is amazing!