Friday, April 29, 2011

Happy friday everyone!

I was away for for awhile due to a death in the family! My uncle in Florida passed away! He had been ill for quiet awhile. I will miss him terribly, but it is also comforting to know he is with God and is no longer suffering!

Hope with all the storms lately you are all safe.

The card today is for two challenges over on Splitcoaststampers!

Todays Queen For Today was to honor Anne (jdmommy)!

 Wendy's F4A62 challenged us to use lots of layers on our cards.


The lovely Rubbernecker image was stamped and clear embossed on Kraft C/S. I then used Clorox bleach and a brush to bleach the image. After bleaching I colored the leaves and highlighed the rose using Copic markers. Spellbinders Nesties were used to cut oval for the framing of the image. The border was made using an EK Success punch. M/S Pine Bough and leaf punches used for the foliage. I glued a small deeper ribbon to a larger lighter colored ribbon to make the bow. Pearls were added to each corner.The DP is from Basic Grey!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a fabulous evening! Hugs!


6 comments:

Edna Morrisedie said...

Nice to hear you are home safely!

Love the flower on the kraft, a great contrast with the rocking paper you chose to use!

Sherry Kushibab said...

Lovely card - love that green and yellow paper. Bleaching is such fun....turned out great. Sorry to hear about your Uncle but glad to know he is home with God. Blessings.

Joanne (jojot) said...

So sorry that your uncle is no longer suffering....however I sympathize with the loss....

this is such a rich and warm beauty...love the coloring and the detail work

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Beautiful card! Love the bleaching effect. I'm sorry for your loss, Francie. Hugs.

Joan Ervin said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous....such pretty colors and I love the look of the rose on kraft paper...sooo rich and elegant!!! I'm sorry to hear about your uncle, Fran...I'm sending hugs and prayers to you and your family!!

Mary Marsh said...

praying for you during this time of grief fran-you created such a beautiful card to give tribute to anne